See How American Rescue Plan Act Funds are Being Spent in Your Community By Searching the USASpending.gov Website
By Searching the USASpending.gov Website Knowing how to navigate the rural economic development and recovery landscape is an important skill for civic leaders in small towns and rural communities. Federal development programs that have been established or enhanced through the American Rescue plan are easily searchable using the USASpending.gov website.
To see how government funds are being spent to improve your community:
- Visit www.usapending.gov
- Click on the tab for “Award Search” and select “Advanced Search”
- Once on the “Advanced Search” page, locate the “Filters” section on the left-hand side of the page
- Under “Filters” click on the “Disaster Emergency Fund Code (DEFC) tab and select “American Rescue Plan Act of 2021,” which is labeled as option “V”
- Under “Filters” also select the “Location” tab and click on the “Recipient Location” option.
- Under “Country” select “United States,” and fill in your state, county, and/or city information.
- Under “Filters” also click on “Award Type” and select both “Grants” and “Direct Payments”
- Click on “Submit Search” at the top of the “Filters” section This will generate a search for the proposed usage of American Rescue Plan Act funding in your community and project-specific information.
Curious how ARPA Funds are impacting your community?— RuralOrganizing.org (@RuralOrganizing) January 28, 2022
Click on the tab for “Award Search” and select “Advanced Search”
Under “Filters” click on the “Disaster Emergency Fund Code (DEFC) tab and select “American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 pic.twitter.com/EQsltGVqh3